Monday, June 1, 2009

Where is my Rafa?

One of the biggest shocks of this year: "Rafa knocked out of Roland Garros in the fourth round". Obviously last Sunday was the black day for all Rafa fans. I just can't control my emotions and tears to see Rafa losing which puts history book undisturbed. He fought, fought, fought and perished and admitted graciously that he didn’t play his best tennis. Win and loses are part and parcel of sports said my mind but my heart tends to unaccept this fact. I love to watch Rafa winning every point he plays, but when he lost 3 sets in a single match that too in clay where he said to be invincible! I just can't believe and it will take time for me to come out of this shock.

"I must accept my defeats with the same level of calm that I accept my victories" – Rafa, what could we expect from a 22 year old lad who accept the defeat graciously. I could see a great fighter and a matured human in him that made him as a great inspiration to me.

Moving forward, I hope him to come back strong and produce some amazing tennis to defend his Wimbledon title. Rafa, Irrespective of your win-lose record, I am with you.

Vamos Rafa - you can do it again because you are "Rafael Nadal" and for you impossible is nothing.

No comments: